Monday, January 20, 2014

Welcome to Double Trouble!

I've decided to start another blog.

I had this great idea a year ago to do a blog chronicling the day to day life of my newborn twin sons. "It's going to be Wonderful" I thought. "I'll be able to document every little development and milestone in their life, and we'll always be able to go back and share it with them when they got older."

Well, I came to the realization that back then, it just wasn't feasible. You see, all the time you think you're going to have is non-existent.  The first few months were spent running back and forth between home and the NICU. Our first 6 months consisted of camping out in our own livingroom until we finally found the courage to try them in their cribs. Any time you found a free moment when they were finally asleep you had to clean the kitchen, wash clothes, maybe eat something warm for a change. (In fact, we were so used to having our food get cold as we left it sitting on the counter to run and tend to one of their needs that I often joked about getting fast food and putting it in the fridge so we wouldn't get spoiled.).. Oh, and maybe take a shower.........oops...no shower, I think I hear baby #2.

Their 1st birthday was a couple of weeks ago, and they are napping better, as well as playing a little more independently, so I'm going to give this blog thing another try.

If you've had kids, a lot of what I'll be posting you will understand.

If you have yet to experience the joys, hopefully my blog will help you over some of the interesting hurdles we've encountered.

Either way...

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment